To serve the citizens of Burke County, the public, and the justice system, by conducting death investigations in accordance with the law, professional standards and ethics.
• Investigate all deaths that occur in Burke County as required by law
• Take possession of all unclaimed bodies in Burke County
• Arrange for disposition of unclaimed bodies
• Prepare and plan for mass fatality incidents
• Systematically examine the circumstances surrounding the deaths in a
geographical and/or a given age group.
P.O. Box 89
Waynesboro, Ga. 30830
Ph: 706-871-7935fx: 706-554-6248