- In This Section
- Animal Services
- Board of Commissioners
- Burke Transit
- Coroner's Office
- Elections and Registration
- Facility Maintenance
- Planning Commission
- Roads and Bridges
- Sheriff's Office
- Solid Waste
- Tax Assessor
- Tax Commissioner
The County Government has the following openings for employment:
The Burke County Board of Tax Assessors has an opening for a Property Appraiser. This position will begin as an Appraiser I position. There will be a probationary period while certifications are being obtained and the applicant is exhibiting mastery of the duties. Within 2 years, and after all certification requirements have been met, the successful candidate will advance to an Appraiser II.
This position requires both office and field appraisal duties.
· Appraising residences and accessory buildings
· Appraising commercial and industrial buildings and accessories
· Data entry into the County’s CAMA system
· Handling taxpayer issues by phone and in person
· Any other duties as required In the field of tax assessment
· Previous appraisal skills are preferred, either in the field of tax appraisal or fee appraisal
· Good math skills
· Must be able to interact with the public in a professional and friendly manner
· Advanced computer skills required
· Must successfully complete education requirements of the Georgia Dept. of Revenue Appraiser Certification Program
· Must pass a drug test upon hiring, and be subject to periodic drug testing
· Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license
This is a professional position and salary will be commensurate with experience level and applicant qualifications.
Applications may be obtained at and submitted to the Burke County Commissioners Office, 602 Liberty Street, Waynesboro, Ga. from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information call the Burke County Tax Assessor’s Office at 706-554-2607. The deadline for applications is 5 P.M. Friday, January 12, 2018.
The Burke County EMA is accepting applications for the following position:
Firefighter/AEMT. Minimum requirements are: High School Diploma or GED. Pass a pre-employment test. Pass criminal background checks. Pass drug / alcohol screening. Possess a valid Georgia driver’s license. Have dependable transportation. Possess a dependable contact phone number. Ability to follow directives/orders. If not already certified as both a Georgia Certified Firefighter and Georgia Certified AEMT, you must successfully complete both training courses and pass certification tests and requirements. Good physical condition and ability a must. Must pass a physical fitness tests. A more detailed job description may be picked up at the Burke County EMA (277 Hwy 24 South Waynesboro, GA). Applications may be picked up at the courthouse or the Burke County EMA. Completed applications are to be turned in to the Burke County EMA IN-PERSON no later than December 5, 2017.
Additional information: employees who start employment NOT certified as a Georgia Firefighter and NOT certified as an AEMT the hourly rate will be $11.39. As certifications are gained, pay level increases. After receiving the required certifications and being assigned to a shift, employees work 24-hour shifts.
Maintenance Mechanic 1
Deadline for Applications: Friday November 17th 2017 at 4:30pm.
This job exists for the purpose of assisting Maintenance Department in servicing the facilities and buildings owned or operated under the Burke County Board of Commissioners.
DUTIES and CAPABILITIES
- Possess a general understanding of building structure and mechanical operations
- Display a degree of competence in painting, drywall, trimwork, janitorial, pressure washing and routine building maintenance
- Hold a valid Georgia Drivers License and High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrate an interest in aesthetic value and take pride in the general appearance of finished projects
- Show openness in developing and refining new skills related to quality of work
- Maintain a commitment to appropriate quantity and quality of completed projects
- Relate to those you serve in a professional manner
- Be conscientious in purchasing materials and tools needed for the job
- Give attention to the organization of tools and workspace
- Work as a team player in determining a diagnosis and a plan of action for any given need.
- Communicate and compare notes with your specific co-worker(s)
- Maintain a commitment to working safely and efficiently. Avoid unnecessary risk
- Minimize your use of personal electronics and media when on the clock
Applications are available at the Burke County Commissioners Office of the Burke County Courthouse, 602 Liberty Street, Waynesboro, GA 30830 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and also available on http://www.burkecounty-ga.gov/index.php/departments/administration/job-opportunities/
For more information call the Burke County Facility Maintenance Office at 706-554-2572. The deadline for applications is Friday November 17th 2017 at 4:30pm
Paint & Body Technician 2
The Burke County Board of Commissioners has an opening for one full time paint and body technician located at the auto shop/ road department. Potential candidate must have at least a high school diploma or GED, trade school or equivalent level of education. Five years in a similar position or sufficient experience to perform principal duties and responsibilities required.
Potential candidates need to have knowledge of all aspects of body repair and finishing, wiring, creating written estimates, mixing color codes, light mechanic repair. Must have tools, and possess and maintain a Georgia driver’s license, be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening and maybe subject to a background check.
Applications are available at the Burke County Road Department, 144 Southside Drive Waynesboro from 8:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. Monday - Friday. For more information, call the Burke County Road Department office at 706-554-3124. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.